Van Rental Agreements
1. General rental conditions:
- The Renter must be at least 25 years old and hold a driving license for at least 1 year at the time of car rental.
- To rent a car, you need two documents valid for the entire duration of rental period: a driving license and an identity card/passport and a credit/debit card with the exception of visa electron, maestro payment cards.
- The car can only be used by the Renter or another person designated as the driver at the time of car rental, and Rentalvans will charge a fee of 10 PLN for additional person per day. Additional drivers are subject to the same criteria as the main driver.
- The Renter receives a vehicle with full tank. The Renter refuels with fuel suitable for a given vehicle type. If the vehicle is returned with partially filled tank, the Renter will be charged with the net amount of 8 PLN per liter of missing fuel, car rental rates do not include fuel costs.
- The rented car cannot be used outside the territory of Poland without prior notice to Rentalvans. The following countries are not allowed to travel: Belarus, Bulgaria, Russia, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro and Ukraine.
- The vehicle cannot be used: to tow trailers, vehicles or other objects, to transport persons or goods in sublease form, in races, rallies or competitions, to transport flammable, dangerous, as well as toxic, corrosive, radioactive or other harmful substances, to transport live animals (except pets, but only after obtaining the consent of Rentalvans), to drive on unpaved roads, the surface or condition of which may cause damage to the suspension of the vehicle, wheels, tyres.
2. Reservations and cancellations
- Reservations are accepted for a specific car model, Rentalvans reserves the right to change the make/model to a vehicle with the same parameters in the same segment.
- Reservations may be made by e-mail, telephone or via the website www.rentalvans.pl/en/.
- Making a reservation is not deemed to have been accepted and is deemed accepted by Rentalvans upon confirmation by the relevant Rentalvans employee.
- Rentalvans reserves the right to refuse to rent a reserved car for reasons beyond the control of Rentalvans.
- The cancellation must be delivered to Rentalvans at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled rental.
3. Vehicle insurance
- Every car rented at Rentalvans is covered by compulsory insurance.
- The Renter’s liability in case of damage, theft, loss of the vehicle or its parts is limited to the actual cost of repair, up to own contribution of 2500 PLN net, provided that the Renter has not violated any renal conditions at Rentalvans.
- If the Renter loses keys or documents of the rented vehicle, the Renter shall be charged with an additional fee.
- In case of intentional damage to the vehicle, damage to the vehicle while driving under the influence of intoxicated substances or without a valid driving license, exceeding of the speed limit by at least 30 km/h or other gross violation of the traffic regulations, escape from the place of accident, damage caused by a person unauthorized by Rentalvans to drive the rented vehicle, theft of the vehicle as a result of keys loss and/or registration certificate of the stolen vehicle, theft of the vehicle as a result of improper security of the vehicle (e.g. leaving the keys in a car), the Renter’s liability is unlimited.
4. Vehicle breakdowns
- If the vehicle is immobilized, Rentalvans will provide a replacement vehicle for the duration of the repair, if possible. If the repair lasts longer than 24 hours, the tenant does not pay for this period of the lease.
- A replacement car is not available in the case of:
- loss of a registration certificate and/or an insurance policy and/or vehicle keys,
- damage to the vehicle due to the fault of the tenant or a person not authorized to drive the vehicle,
- immobilization of the rented vehicle outside Poland,
- acts of vandalism.
5. Accident, damage, theft
- If there is an accident, theft or damage of the rented vehicle in any other way, the tenant or other person driving the vehicle (appearing on the contract as an additional driver) is obliged to call the police to the place of the event and the tenant should request a police report issued or a notification number.
- Any accident, damage, loss or theft of a rented vehicle must be reported to Rentalvans by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (+48575004646). In any case, the tenant can not accept third party claims. The tenant undertakes to help Rentalvans and/or its insurance companies in all claims or court cases in connection with an accident or damage, in particular by:
- delivery of a completed and confirmed print of an accident or collision report,
- providing full details of participants and witnesses of the accident and a detailed description of the incident,
- not leaving the vehicle unattended or secured,
- in a situation when an accident or damage was caused by a third party – taking all necessary actions to determine the perpetrator and securing evidence that may contribute to determining the responsibility of the perpetrator.
- The amount of rent is determined at the beginning of rental period. Rentalvans will authorize a credit card prior to commencement of rental period in the amount of 1200 PLN in case of damage to the car, under-danking of the car, possible extension of rental period. Your credit card will be charged with the total cost of rental at the end of its period.
- The duration of rental period is calculated on the basis of 24-hour periods and starts at the moment of making the vehicle available to the Renter. Extending the rental period beyond 30 minutes will result in another day being charged. The extension of time requires the consent of Rentalvans.
- Rent outside office hours – 80 PLN/rent.
7. Additional fees
- The vehicle renter bears unlimited liability for damage to the rented vehicle in the case of:
- gross negligence or purposeful action,
- damage to the interior of the rented vehicle, tires, rims, hubcaps, wipers, antennas, leaving hard–to–remove stains on the upholstery or seats,
- driving a vehicle after drinking alcohol, under the influence of drugs or other intoxicants, and without a valid driving license,
- not returning the registration certificate or keys after the vehicle theft,
- escape from the scene of the accident,
- entering the vehicle abroad without the consent of Rentalvans rental employee, and all costs related to its bringing in the event of damage or breakdown,
- refusal to pay compensation by the insurer through the fault of the tenant of the vehicle,
- no detailed description of the circumstances of the damage or failure to provide the required documents.
- Every day of vehicle stoppage in connection with the above activities – 200 PLN.
- Providing a rented vehicle to a person not appearing on the rental agreement – 500 PLN.
- Lost key – 500 PLN.
- Lost vehicle documents (not applicable to vehicle theft) – 500 PLN.
- Lost license plate, registration sticker on the glass (for each) – 200 PLN.
- Smoking cigarettes in a rented vehicle – 500 PLN.
- Breaking the ban on transporting animals, removing hair from armchairs – 300 PLN.
- Return of the dirty Vehicle – 50 PLN.
- Stains on armchairs, upholstery or in the trunk – 300 PLN.
- Return of the rented vehicle with a noticeable unpleasant odor – 300 PLN.
- Lack or damage of each original hub – 150 PLN.
- Refueling the wrong fuel to the vehicle – 2500 PLN.
- Disassembly of part of the rented vehicle or making modifications without Rentalvans' approval – 3000 PLN and additionally the cost of topping up the missing part in the ASO service.
- Each time exceeding the speed above 150 km/h – 200 PLN.
- No item from the list of standard equipment (for each) – 150 PLN.
- In the event of a trip or an attempt to travel outside of Poland without the consent of a Rentalvans employee – 1000 PLN.
- Providing written information at the request of law enforcement authorities and/or administrative authorities about the user of a rented vehicle who has been misdemeanor and/or criminal – PLN 200.
- Administrative fee for handling a fine or other fee resulting from the use of a car by a customer – PLN 150 + the cost of a fine or fee.
8. Registered office and jurisdiction of the court
- Any disputes arising from the implementation of the provisions of rental agreement and provisions of these parties shall be resolved by negotiation, and in case of the lack of agreement, the District Court in Cracow shall be the competent court for resolving any such disputes.
In accordance with Article 13(1) and (2) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 (GDPR), I would like to inform that:
The Administrator of Personal Data is Rentalvans Company with its registered office in Balice at Przemysłowa 23A Street.
Purpose and Processing of Personal Data
Rentalvans Company processes personal details of Customers to the purpose of proper conclusion and performance of the rental agreement. This means that these data are needed in particular for:
- reservation of a car,
- concluding rental agreement,
- settlement of the agreement,
- to make the vehicle ordered by the Customer available.
Type of Personal Data
In order to conclude the agreement with Rentalvans, the customer must provide his name, surname, address, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail, payment information – such as credit/debit card details, driving license details and a second document – such as passport or ID card.
During the rental period, Rentalvans will collect the following information: place and time of rental, where and when the vehicle was returned, fuel consumption, mileage travelled, accident history and other information about the vehicle and how it was used by the Customer.
Rentalvans Company will also collect information on any speeding, parking in prohibited place or other offences committed by the customer during the rental period. The above data may be made available only to entities entitled to obtain data, law enforcement authorities (the Police or the Municipal Guard) or administration authorities.
Legal Grounds of Processing Personal Data
Rentalvans Company processes personal details of Customers in accordance with the provisions of the General Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.
Customer data is processed by Rentalvans with their consent, expressed at the time of confirmation of the entered request for reservation of the vehicle through the website rentalvans.com. The expression of consent for processing of personal data by the customer is completely voluntary. However, the lack of consent prevents reservation of the car.
In relation to processing of customer’s personal data by the Rentalvans Company, they are entitled to:
- Right of access to Personal Data
The Customer has the right to access his personal data collected by Rentalvans, in particular the right to be informed about the purpose of processing his personal data, the category of personal data, and to obtain a copy of his personal data.
- Right to correct Personal Data
The Customer has the right to demand that Rentalvans rectify his personal data without delay. Taking into account the purposes of processing, the Customer has the right to demand that incomplete personal data be supplemented by making an appropriate statement.
- Right to request removal of Personal Data
The Customer has the right to demand removal of his personal data, or certain personal data in a situation where:
- personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- the customer has withdrawn his consent to processing;
- the customer made an objection to processing of his personal data or they were processed in an unlawful manner.
- Right to limit processing of Personal Data
The Customer has a right to demand limiting processing of personal data in the following cases:
- questioning the correctness of collected personal data by the Rentalvans;
- processing of Customer’s personal data is unlawful, and instead of removing personal data the Customer demands to limit processing, at the same time objecting their removal;
- when the Customer’s personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or used by Rentalvans, but is needed by the Customer to establish, pursue or defend its claims;
- when the Customer made an objection to processing – then limiting processing of personal data takes place for the time necessary to establish whether the protection of interests, rights and freedoms of the Customer takes precedence over the interests pursued by Rentalvans in processing of personal data of that Customer.
- Right to withdraw consent
The Customer has the right to revoke the previously granted consent for the processing of personal data.
- Right to transfer of Personal Data
The Customer is entitled to request that the personal data held by Rentalvans be released and then to transfer this data to another chosen administrator. Personal data will be released in a commonly used format that is machine-readable and letting for the data received to be transferred to another administrator of Personal Data.
- Right to complain to the supervisory authority
The User is entitled to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority against the processing of personal data by Rentalvans.
Duration of storage of Personal Data
The Customer’s personal data will be processed for a period necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected or on the basis of a legitimate interest on the part of Rentalvans.
Contact on Personal Data
- For general inquiries regarding the processing of Personal Data by Rentalvans, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
- In order to exercise your rights (right of access to Personal Data, right of rectification, right to limit Personal Data, right to remove Personal Data, right to transfer Personal Data) you may submit your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org